This image shows the color changes I made after learning where the artwork would be hanging. My original color scheme was to create a softer look. Besides using a lot of white, I also used a variety of pastel colors, giving each of the notes types a different color. That became a problem. Standing back and looking at the artwork, I saw all those pastel colors working only in a baby’s room. That was absolutely not what I wanted from this music. My client solved my concern when she mentioned that the artwork would hang in their bedroom. Oh! I changed out the blue color and adjusted the tints. With those changes I kept the soft look idea, while giving the artwork more of an intimate touch. Most notable with the addition of the words. I will explain them in the next blog entry.
Scott Von Holzen